Sunday, April 16, 2017

THE LAME BOY"S LAMENT


THE LAME BOY’S LAMENT
Meanings
1.Bereft- deprived
2.Gushed- flow of water in a rapid manner
3.Hue- shades
4.Outran- run faster
5.Fallow- yellowish
6.Assured- confident
7.Will- desire

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1.What did the piper promise the children?
    The Pied Piper promised the children many pleasant sights.

2.What was the one important thing that the lame boy hoped to get in the joyous land?
  The lame boy hoped for the speedy cure of his lame foot.

3.What kind of animals lived in the joyous land?
Sparrows, peacocks, dogs, deer, honey, bees and horses.

4.What is the lame boy’s lament?
The lame boy laments that he is left alone deprived of all the pleasant sights that the Pied Piper promised

5.Where was the joyous land?
The joyous land was behind the hill, joining the town

6.What kind of life does the boy lead now?

The boy leads a lonely and sad life as he does not have ant playmates left


7. What strange things happen in this land?
Strange things like sparrows are brighter than peacocks, dogs outrun the deer, honeybees lose their stings, horses are born with eagle’s wings happen in this land.

8. Why is the lame boy lamenting ?
The lame boy is lamenting for his loss. He was left behind against his will, limping just like before and will never hear of the magical country again.

Summary/Explanation


Robert Browning's poem, 'The Pied Piper of Hamelin' is a children's story in the form of a poem. It tells of a story of the town of Hamelin that was overrun with rats. The Pied Piper comes to Hamelin and tells the Mayor that he will get rid of the rats for 'a thousand guilders'. The Mayor agrees and with the help of his flute and magic, the Pied Piper leads the rats down to the river where they all drown. The townsfolk of Hamelin are delighted. They forget to pay the Pied Piper for his work leaving the Pied Piper in a revengeful mood. He lures, just like he did with the rats, the children of the town to the top of a mountain where they miraculously disappear. When the Piper reaches a nearby mountain, a magic portal opens and all the children disappear with him into it.

One boy, whose lame foot prohibited him from keeping up, was thus left behind. He remains sad and distressed the rest of his days for not having glimpsed whatever promise lay in the piper’s song


10 comments:

  1. i am from USA, i am here to give my testimony how i was cured from HIV, i
    contacted my HIV via blade. a friend of my use blade to peel of her
    finger nails and drop it where she use it, so after she has left i did know
    what came unto me i looked at my nails, my nails were very long and i took
    the blade which she just used on her own nails to cut of my finger nails,
    as i was maintaining my names, i mistakenly injured myself. i did even
    bothered about it, so when i got to the hospital the next week when i was
    ill the doctor told me that i am HIV positive, i wondered where did i got
    it from so i remembered how i use my friend blade to cut off my hand so i
    feel so sad in my heart to the extent that i don’t even know what to do, so
    one day i was passing through the internet i met a testimony of a lady that all
    talk about how she was cured by a doctor called DR Imoloa so i quickly
    emailed the doctor email, and he also replied to me an told me the
    requirements which i will provide and I do according to his command,
    he prepare a herbal medicine for me which i took. he
    called me the next week that i should go for a test which i did to my own
    surprise i found that i was HIV negative. Thanks to him once more the great
    doctor that cured me DR Imoloa so you can also emailed him at
    {drimoloaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com} or whatssapp him on +2347081986098} God Bless you Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the question why was the boy sad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because he was bereft so he could not go with the pied piper.

      Delete
  3. The lame boy was sad as he could not go with the pied piper and the other children in the magic portal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did the lame boy say, I am bereft this is my question

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb i am very happy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also I want a summary on a grain as big as a hen's egg

    ReplyDelete